Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Touch of Winter

BRRRRRRrrrrrrr

It is currently 11C and the wind is blowing and the rain is falling.  The wind rips right through your body, settles in your bones and seizes up!  Ugh!

It was cold BEFORE we went to the movies tonight, but after the movie when we stepped outside, it had been raining and even 'I' put my coat on.

We saw 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' with Judi Dench, Bill Nighy and Maggie Smith.

Excellent movie with great actors and being based in India, a visual feast for the eyes.  Loved it.

After we did some shopping this morning, I worked on some photos from Saturday night.





I wish I'd taken more photos.  But these will be great reminders of my birthday dinner.

It was my old friend and boss, Di's, birthday today.  She would have been forty eight years of age.  Far out, she was so young.

One of her sons posted this on her RIP facebook wall today ...

There was magic in mum's touch,
And sunshine in her smile.
There was love in everything she did
To make our lives worthwhile.
We can find both hope and courage
When looking in her eyes.
Her laughter was a source of joy,
Her words were warm and wise.
There was a kindness and compassion
To be found in her embrace,
And we see the light of heaven
Shining from mum's face.

Happy Birthday Mum


I miss her ... especially while I am here.  We always did lunch together whenever I came to town and she was always so excited to hear my news.  She told me that she lived vicariously through me and that I gave her hope for finding Mr Right in her future.


Di Beer 24/04/64 - 13/11/11

Well, now that we have a taste of Winter, it might be time for me to climb into bed under my doona and blankets, between my fleecy sheets and get all toasty and warm for sleeping.  

I need to prepare myself for a 4C morning and a cool, cloudy day.  Cleaning and packing should keep us warm!

Nite all.


No comments: