Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Wouldn't it be nice?

Wouldn't it be nice if everything just fell into place beautifully?

Wouldn't it be nice if the Real Estate Agent correctly predicted time frames so that our plans could move as smoothly as we'd hoped?

Wouldn't it be nice if one of the houses that is available immediately, was perfect for BGWLBH, and we could move in on Monday?

Wouldn't it be nice if we could be on our road trip before the end of next week?

Wouldn't it be nice if life was that simple?

Of course, the painters are taking longer than expected to paint the house and then the carpet cleaners have to come in after that, so days are now being added to the end date that we were looking at and the moving drama continues.

Today, we again went to the movies.  This time we saw "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close".  It was heart wrenching and exhausting to watch.  I knew that it would be sad, but I thought it would be sad in 'parts' ... not for the entire movie!

We left the cinema with a heavy heart and couldn't even have a conversation in the car on the way home.

We did manage to have a bit of fun before the movie ...


... and there were others that were not quite as successful as we'd hoped, so we have some ideas for the next time we go there, and I will show you those results at a later date.

I am missing my Adoring Husband and Vegan Chickie and my lovely little Chicklet, who is growing up fast while I am away.

Today is my sad day ... tomorrow will be better :o)

Wouldn't it be nice if I had some chocolate - that would help!

Nite all.

No comments: