Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Full Moon Birthday

Well I think the birthday girl had a nice day today.

Her rules were

  1. No presents
  2. No singing
  3. No cake
So, most people brought a gift.

Some people sang as they walked through the door.

One person brought a cake ... but it wasn't a birthday cake and it had no candles.

The hostess, Deputy Daws, had cooked a banquet and covered everybody's dietary requirements.  We were so full by the end of the day, we could barely move!

She started with nibbles.  Fruits, cheeses, olives, various crackers, crisp breads, greek meatballs with dips and sauces.  Then we moved outside and she provided spinach & cheese pastries, vegetarian pizza, garlic and herb breads, gluten free pasta dish and a layered salad.

For dessert there was tiramisu and that delicious chocolate pavlova with cream and berries.

Champagne and wine for drinkies.  Coffee and tea for 'after'.

So we did lots of talking and laughing and rigorous gossiping, a little singing and dancing, a few group photos (but none with me in them).




They were all in fine form and honestly, there really wasn't that much alcohol passing lips.  They are silly like this ... naturally!

Then we all said our goodbyes and the birthday girl and I scooted home in time to catch the full moon rising over the horizon.



I'm sure there will be some spectacular shots posted on facebook and flickr tomorrow because the moon was pretty darned amazing!

So I am definitely all worn out from so much partying and trekking across the farm to get a good vantage point for the moonrise.

I will sleep well tonight.

Happy birthday BGWLBH ... if you read this, your birthday is not over ... there is still the ROCK STAR ROAD TRIP ... and a few weeks after you return home, there will be another present!!  But that one is a big secret and you don't even get a hint!

Nite all.

No comments: