Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fingers Crossed

Yes!  There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Tomorrow morning at 9am, the removalist arrives to cart the furniture.  Then BGWLBH and I have to shampoo carpets, polish floor boards and pressure wash the front porch.  We should only have one car loads of stuff left to take with us when we leave at the end of the day. **fingers crossed**

So that gives us Thursday to tidy up any loose ends, organise the landlord inspection and pack our gear ready to leave town on Friday morning. **fingers crossed**

Today, we looked at another house, which will be available to rent in July.  It was absolutely perfect and just ten minutes out of town going West.  The rent may be a little more than expected, although the owner hinted that an arrangement could be made for the right tennant.

The owner wants a long term, stable and reliable tennant.  BGWLBH wants long term, stable accommodation with a good landlord.  Win Win!  **fingers crossed**

This evening I caught up with my sister-in-law from my first marriage.  In the late 70s and early 80s, we were very close friends and spent a lot of time together.  We both lived in Canberra with our then husbands and later, we were in Cootamundra at the same time for a couple of years.

It was the best of times and we were part of a loving, warm and close family.  I remember those times fondly and I love that I still have contact with most of the family - hooray for facebook - but there have been many years gap between face to face meetings.

Tonight was one of those rare meetings and we had dinner together.  Unfortunately, our time was limited, but we did pack a lot of chatter into just over 90 minutes!  It was so nice to catch up and I think we filled each other in on the important happy events in our lives, as well as some of the sadness.

She was in my town last year, but I was not there at the time, so even though she got to see Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef, Chicklet and Adoring Husband, we missed each other.

She is in Griffith at the moment for study/work and we almost missed each other again, but my mixed up circumstances led to us both being here at the same time.

It proves that something GOOD comes from everything.  My extenuating circumstances led to me having a 'moment' to catch up with an old friend.

I'm so pleased that it worked out that way!

A couple of photos to add to the end here.  I have been hoping to get a photo of one of the vineyards around town, but the time of day never seemed right to catch some nice light.  Today, out past Tharbogang, I got the chance for a reasonable shot.



... and then a nice one from the front garden of the house we looked at.


A good night of sleep tonight should give me the energy to complete our big tasks tomorrow and then we can start packing for the ROCK STAR ROAD TRIP!!  **fingers crossed**

Nite all.

No comments: