Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

To Paint ... or not to paint.

Quite a productive day today.

BGWLBH tried to spot paint some marks on the wall last week, but used paint that we mismatched quite badly.

We matched all the other paints beautifully, but somehow, we messed this one up ... twice!

After choosing paint that was too dark the first time and too light the second time, and after much deliberation, we decided to paint the whole room!

It took us about two hours and it was finished and looking pretty darn good.   I reckon we were more proud of our efforts than Michelangelo was when he completed the Sistine Chapel!!

What a team!

BGWLBH then pressure cleaned the concrete outside the back door.

I washed the lounge room windows, then pulled the screen off the bedroom window so that it and the outside glass could be cleaned ... let me tell you what a job it was getting the screen back in ... I'm sure you can all relate to that experience!

A few little spot cleaning jobs around the house and we were exhausted and in need of rest.  I cooked a nice stir fry for dinner with lots of vegetables ... we need sustenance to continue the moving process tomorrow ... and then we watched The Voice.

BGWLBH, who is now sleeping in the lounge room on a mattress while the paint finishes drying in her bedroom, fell asleep long before the show finished.

So I've spent a little time playing with some photos from the birthday party and the horses.

BGWLBH & her Goddaughter Lu
Deputy Daws
Mrs Doodle Doo (due to her boisterous laughter)
I wasn't very happy with these shots, but The Horse Whisperer was over the moon with them and has been raving about them to anyone who'll listen!

This boy is the show off
This one is very old
This is her favourite shot.
I really need sleep ... tomorrow morning, I expect there may be some sore muscles in places that I haven't used for quite some time.

To paint or not to paint??  I choose NOT to paint :o)  Not any more.  Please?

Nite all.


No comments: