Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Final Countdown

Can you believe it?  Barring all catastrophes, we leave tomorrow!

This morning, BGWLBH came back from her walk declaring that there was a photo opportunity in the back paddock, so I hurriedly grabbed my camera, swapped my slippers for my runners, and still wearing my brightly coloured Sesame St flannelette pyjamas, went traipsing through the long grass to the end of the back paddock.

Behind the paddock are two very large piles of dead wood/trees waiting to be burned off, and sitting proudly on top of one of those piles was a Black Shouldered Kite.


We waited and watched as another one was hovering in the distance searching the ground for food (they invariably catch small mice - because they only have small beaks for ripping their food apart).

As it got closer to us, the first kite, very noisily chased it away, and then came back to the closer pile of trees to land.

I thought I had captured the perfect bird shot, but when I got home and looked at it on my monitor, it wasn't focussed and all I have is this for my efforts ...

10. A favourite word
For the May Photo a Day challenge 
I almost cried.

It goes on my 'missed opportunities' list along with the rainbow reflected in the glassy river, that I missed because it was the ONE time that I didn't have my camera with me!

I hope that he is there again tomorrow morning .. I hope that he frequents that particular spot for breakfast every day!!  **fingers crossed**

The house inspection went very smoothly today and was over in a flash.

We arrived home to find BGWLBH's Dad cooking a roast lamb dinner.  It was DELICIOUS!  Accompanying the roast lamb was potato, pumpkin, carrots, parsnip, snow peas, beans, onion, spinach and red cabbage.

I almost licked my plate clean!

So tomorrow morning, we just have to pack the car with all of our crap ... of which there will be a lot because BGWLBH needs a bag of Winter clothes and a bag of Autumn - ish clothes.

It's that time of year when you never know what the weather will be like from one town to the next - especially in NSW, so she has to cover all bases.

I don't have to worry because I don't feel the cold so much.  I have my big black coat if it gets too cold.

I didn't sleep too well last night in the new bed in the bus.  There are noisy barking dogs in the neighbourhood, crowing roosters that actually crow ALL night, BGWLBH's dog kept waking up and shaking herself right next to my bed AND when she sleeps, she snores (the dog, not BGWLBH).

So it was a restless sleep.  Hopefully, now that my body knows what to expect, I will sleep more soundly.

Anyway, my dreams will include the final countdown to ROCK STAR ROAD TRIP, so I am off to dreamland.  See you tomorrow in another town!

Nite all.

No comments: