Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Too Old for this &@$#

Yup!  Moving day today.

It was nice to watch the young men moving the furniture.  Muscles on muscles and interesting tattoos and the ability to single handedly lift a queen size mattress (Yes! Each of them carried a queen sized mattress on their own!) and then take a two foot high step in a single bound.

So fit and full of energy.  I wonder what drugs they are on???  I'll have what they're having!

Young Maori men.  Good job boys ... although not too good with 'addition'.  They thought that 1 3/4 hours at $125 per hour came to the grand total of $375.  Thank goodness the 'eye candy' didn't scramble our brains!

Once we got that part over and done with, it was time to clean.  Ugh!!

Cleaning walls, steam cleaning carpet, pressure spraying the verandah, scrubbing the bathroom, polishing the stainless steel cook top, washing the kitchen cupboards and splashback, polishing the floor boards, vacuuming.

Oh my aching back!

It took the two of us about 4 hours and we still have to do one more layer of polish on the floor boards tomorrow before the landlord inspection.

My poor old body is struggling tonight and we will probably both be asleep before 9pm.

We are in a big old bus that was converted for travelling around Australia.

BGWLBH is on the big queen size bed at the back of the bus.  I am on the fold down couch in the middle of the bus.  The bus is a bit bouncy, so we feel every movement - may make for a restless sleep, but at least we only have to stay here for two nights and then we are OFF!!

The bus is for sale - $26000.  Nice sized kitchen with a fridge, gas stove, sink and plenty of cupboard space.  Little table and two comfy chairs.  Fold down lounge.  Shower and toilet.  Air conditioned.  Very spacious.

I'll let you know tomorrow how comfy the fold down couch is.

I did take a photo today, of a blue tongue lizard under the house, but it's still on the camera and I am too tired to put any effort into sharing those photos tonight.

Instead I will share the last few photos from the May Photo a day challenge.







Now it's time to sleep.

Nite all.