Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Big One Tomorrow!

BGWLBH turns 50 tomorrow!

Nobody is allowed to mention numbers, but this is my blog and I make the rules :o)

A mini working bee was had today.  Three cars altogether and a horse float, to take all of the boxes and bags and some furniture away from the house.

We looked at another house and it has been offered to BGWLBH if she wants it, so she will contact the owner when she returns home.

She now has two possibilities, but neither are ready just yet, so that works out fine for road trips and holidays to fit in between.

There will be a birthday lunch at Deputy Daws' house tomorrow and everybody will bring some food, so that no one person has to do a lot of work.

We are looking forward to it... well ... speaking for myself ... I am looking forward to it.

We drove to the lake for the moon rise this afternoon, but because it rose at 4.40pm, there were clouds on the horizon AND the sun was still high in the sky ... it was less than spectacular.

We jumped in the car and drove to Scenic Lookout for a better view, but there was a wedding being photographed, so we had a limited area to use for photographs.

Funnily enough, we ran into Ms Nudey and her son, who was there with the same idea.  We both took candid shots of each other, which turned out quite good.

Ms Nudey's shot of me pretending to be paparazzi.
My pic of Ms Nudey taking a pic of the moon.
Ms Nudey and her cheesy grin.  She is lovely :)
I call her Ms Nudey, because she is the only person in our
104 group who has been able to get a shot of a nude human, other
than a baby.  Very tastefully done too!
Tomorrow night is full moon and it should be amazing, so we'll see what we can get.

The new challenge for the flickr group is 'Frozen in Mid-air', so I've got to come up with something a bit spectacular for that one.  I'm sure we'll find something on our ROCK STAR ROAD TRIP that will make an excellent entry.

Time to sleep.  I hope to have lots of photos of the party to share tomorrow.

Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to BGWLBH and all
good wishes for the Rock Star Road
trip. Will be thinking of you both.

Wonder how BGWLBH's Dad is getting on...love grannymus