Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's a Girl!!

Adoring Husband is currently floating on cloud nine somewhere on the Gold Coast celebrating the fact that he is now a grandfather to a new baby girl.  She was a hefty 8lb 2oz and Mum and Bub are both doing well.

I wish I could be there to give him a hug.  I know that he will be feeling very emotional but he'll also be very happy to share this exciting life event with his son.  A new baby in the family always brings happiness.

I am now waiting patiently for him to email me the first photos of the little bundle of joy.

In the meantime, let me show you the results of today's photographic journey.

BGWLBH and I were up before the crack of dawn and made our way to Scenic Lookout in time to watch the sun rise over the mountains to the west.


While the light was just right, we were able to put together a silhouette shot for this months flickr group challenge.

April challenge - 'Person in Silhouette'
Then while the morning light was highlighting all the colours in the rocks, I got a few more good shots.



We stopped at Maccas for coffee and brekky, then drove uptown, dropped the car off for it's service and then walked along Willow Park and the main canal.


For the 104 challenge - A Cockatoo
Photo 81 of 104
For the 104 challenge - A Lollipop Person
Photo 82 of 104
We walked to Deputy Daw's house for a quick cuppa before she dropped us off near the skate park.  It was very wishful thinking that we expected kids to be skating there on a school day!!  Ah well, no luck there.

BGWLBH decided to ride the wild pony.


Then a quick walk down the main street of town before we got the early phone call to collect the car!



Last of the Arty Farty shots.

So a busy day with the camera, a LOT of walking around town, a trip to the tyre bloke to get a big screw taken out of the back tyre, a few houses from the real estate to drive by, a lunch date with Deputy Daws and a bit of grocery shopping.

That filled our day and wore us both out, so BGWLBH napped while I sorted through my photos and then I cooked a deliciously healthful stir fry for dinner.

It seems you will all have to wait until tomorrow to see a photo of the new bundle of joy, because it's almost 12.30 am and it hasn't arrived in my inbox yet ... I'll wait five more minutes.

Introducing to you, our new little bundle of joy

Drum roll please ........

Straight from Poppy's phone to us!

Well, I think that's enough excitement for one day!  Time to rest and recuperate in preparation for the next big instalment!!

Nite all.


No comments: