Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Maggie's House

This is Maggie ...


We had afternoon tea at her house today.  Her house is positively swishing and swirling with so much love, it is filled to the brim and overflowing!!

This is her family ...


They love each other too.



What a beautiful home they have on a lovely big block and landscaped with gorgeous pink, white and yellow roses, along with some gorgeous rustic little nooks and crannies scattered around the place.

Just lovely to wander around with the camera in the afternoon light.  I will post some photos later this week.

Unfortunately, by the time Dad got home, the light had almost gone, so our photos didn't turn out quite as I'd hoped.  I think I need to get a little more creative!

Tomorrow morning, we are leaving here before sunrise, so that we can be at the top of the hill near Pioneer and catch the sun rising from up high.  I am praying for some scattered cloud to bring a bit of colour to the occasion.

We then have to be at the other end of town by 8am to drop the car off for a service.  So we have a whole day to fill ... somehow.

The number one rule is ... wear comfortable shoes!!

Nite all.

No comments: