Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

We Avengered!

Finally, after all of my announcements that we would go to the movies to see 'The Avengers', we did it today!  And it was GREAT!

We saw it in 3D and the special effects were amazing and the famous names who played the superhero roles, outstanding.  I especially loved Tom Hiddleston playing the role of Loki (the bad guy).

Robert Downey Jr, who of course, played Ironman, absolutely 'made' the movie, but I could be biased because I have loved him for many many years now.

It was certainly chocka block full of eye candy for anyone with a pulse!

It was a long movie, but I enjoyed every second of it and will definitely buy it on dvd when it's released.  It ended, of course, with a hint of a sequel, so we can all look forward to that :D

Didn't do much else today, except play around with some photos that have been sitting here waiting to be actioned.

I'm also attempting to do the May Photo a Day challenge, because I fell very short in the April challenge.

Splash landing in the main canal.
Waiting ... 
Anyone for golf?
Sunset over a rare little farmhouse - most of them are mansions now!

For the May Photo a Day challenge - May 1 'Peace'
I watched BGWLBH do some repair work around the house and we watched 'The Voice' on TV tonight, which we are both completely addicted to, and have even started filling out the program from the newspaper, with the winning names as they go into the next round.

How sad are we?  We really need to do a road trip ... and soon!

I think tomorrow we are going to have a go at Geocaching.  Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet have been enjoying this pastime for over a week now and are really enjoying it.

Tomorrow, I will explain what it is and how you can try it too, so stay tuned!

Nite all.    

No comments: