Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

What was that about a road trip?

It has been a day of ups and downs.

A good news, bad news kind of day, but mostly 'nothing' news that leads us nowhere ... especially not to our road trip.  We are teetering on the brink of crazy insane frustration!!

We just need 'something' to fall into place ... one piece of the puzzle, so that everything else can fall where it should and we can move on with our long awaited holiday plan.

But the waiting continues ...

So, this morning while waiting for a 'rock star' phone call (rock star is what we call out when we want something great eg 'rock star car park'!  'rock star phone call'!) I played with a couple of shots from the weekend...



The lavender bush seems to be playground to a few different insects.  There was a beautiful butterfly resting on a flower today, but I couldn't get my camera quickly enough and he flew off before I could capture him in frame.

Two more photos from Scenic Lookout yesterday (or was it the day before?)


See the pigeon - top left??  He's the king of the world :)
We've been invited to dinner by one of BGWLBH's work colleagues tomorrow night.  She has horses and I said that I would attempt to take some good shots of her with them, so we will get there before the sun disappears and hopefully will have some shots to share on here tomorrow night.

I do know that we are having Roast Pumpkin Risotto for dinner and Tapioca Pudding with Golden Syrup for dessert.  She is vegetarian, I am gluten free and BGWLBH is allergic to seafood and nuts, so that makes for very limited choices!  How nice of her to go to so much trouble for us!

May Photo a Day Challenge - 3. Something that I wore today
I think we are having a breakfast or morning tea or lunch or something for BGWLBH's birthday on Sunday.  We were supposed to be on our road trip for her birthday, but now that we are still here, her friends and colleagues want to do 'something'.

What was that about a road trip???   Ah, the imaginary road trip.  In our heads, it was such a great road trip!  I think I'll go to bed and dream about a road trip.  If we say it out loud ... I know!!!  ROCK STAR ROAD TRIP!  ROCK STAR ROAD TRIP!  ROCK STAR ROAD TRIP!

Nite all.

No comments: