Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Beautiful People

No Seat of Knowledge this morning.

We were in the car and driving out of the driveway before the sun had even peeked over the horizon.

It was such a beautiful morning.  A few scattered clouds made the sunrise pretty special and there was a soft mist floating in the valleys.  In some spots we could just see the tree tops poking over the top of the mist.

There were so many opportunities for photos, but nowhere to stop on the Highway.  Such a shame.

We thought we'd make a quick stop at Gympie Maccas drive-through so that BGWLBH could get her bacon and egg mcmuffin fix with coffee, but after Adoring Husband made the order and then paid for it, it turned out to be a fifteen minute stint in the car park waiting for our order to be made and brought out to us!

We made it to Eumundi Markets and found a parking space.  After making a plan to meet under the sign in two hours, BGWLBH went off on her own and Adoring Husband and I took a different direction.

I had a lovely chat with the lady who sells Emu Oil and I spent much more money there than I expected, however, I don't think I'll be disappointed and I can't wait to try my Vital Greens Superfood mix tomorrow morning!

We got some organic decaf coffee beans for Adoring Husband and some organic fruit and veg from another stall.

I had some Mexican soft tacos for breakfast with chicken and the hottest chilli sauce that I've ever tasted in my life!

I'm a big fan of chilli and I eat it almost every day, but this one was so hot, I could only eat two of the three mini tacos and then Adoring Husband had to get me some iced fresh fruit to cool my mouth.

It took a good hour for the burning to stop!

Soon it was time to make our way to Cotton Tree for lunch with the photography group, or as I like to call them, The Beautiful People.

We arrived much earlier than expected and the first person we ran into was The Nikonian (she's my favourite - and I'm not just saying that because I know she reads this lol).

Eventually there were eight of us seated around the table for lunch.

We didn't remember to take a photo until one person from the group had already left.  For photographers, it's amazing how often that happens!

The Beautiful People (photo taken by BGWLBH)
We were there for a couple of hours.  Lots of laughs and lots of catching up.  Unfortunately, we couldn't stay to join them for their sunset shoot.  One day, we'll be able to do that.

Such a great bunch of people - I always leave them with a smile on my dial.

On the way home we stopped at Gympie so that Adoring Husband could take a photo of a fountain in the lake and while we were there, we accidentally stumbled upon a couple of swans with their little babies - who were being well hidden and protected by their mother.


From there, we came straight home because our Psychotic Dogs were waiting to be fed.

We received some sad news tonight about a very special lady, whose 89th birthday celebrations I shared with you a couple of months ago.


She is very ill in hospital and is not expected to make it.  She only has a couple of days and her family are gathering from all over to say their goodbyes.

So beautiful and so elegant and so classy.  Such a good sport, always in for a laugh and joining in with all our special occasions - birthdays and barbecues and weddings and dinners and parties.

It's always been like a tag team event as we each take turns sitting beside her and listening to her yarns.  She loves to tell stories about her life, her kids and grandkids and proudly bragging about her new great grandchild.

We all love you Winnie.  We will celebrate all 89 of your wonderful years on this earth and remember you with so much warmth in our hearts.

We all love you too, Kaz and Lucy's Dad.  Warmest hugs and love to you as you go through this terrible time.  Just love each other and be there for each other.

We'll be here for you when you need us and we'll try to help ease your pain.

On a happier note, The Rev has been sent back to his hometown hospital after some very major surgery in Sydney and by all accounts, is recovering nicely.

It must be good to be home hey Grannymus?  Thinking of you both with love too.

Nite all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

So sad about Winnie, Roz. I remember so well the beautiful black and white photo that you took of Winnie some months back. Such a beautiful person.
Take care.