Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 22, 2012

Time to go home

I fly out tomorrow morning at 6.30am.

The Rock Star Road Trip is over.

Even though I am sad that it's over, I'm really happy to be taking some FABULOUS memories with me.  Lots of photos too.

Another road trip added to a (so far) short list of road trips, but what hopefully, will eventually be a long list of road trips.  I think this one is number five or six?  Maybe even seven?  Perhaps that list isn't so short after all lol.

We had a lovely day today.

I had my hair done by the Hair Master himself, then sorted out some business at the bank and the post office.

I went for a stroll down the main street and took some photos of the War Memorial Art Gallery, which is an old Art Deco building.

Met BGWLBH afterwards, and we went grocery shopping for dinner, and then had afternoon tea with the lovely Lisa with a 'z' at her home.

After that, we visited BGWLBH's Dad, Mr G, at the hospital for an hour.

Went for a quick run up to the school where BGWLBH had some business to attend to, and while we were there, organised to meet a few of the girls for coffee after work.

Did the coffee 'thing' and then we came home to cook dinner.

I have no photos to share tonight because they are still in my camera, so tomorrow I will catch up with photos.

I hope to be meeting up with Vegan Chickie and Chicklet for lunch after my plane lands tomorrow - forgot to tell Adoring Husband about that!  (Darling :D  we are visiting the family after I land)

Gotta be up before the sun tomorrow, so I'd best try to sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: