Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

At Last

I have finally finished the thirty A3 sized photos and put them on a memory stick to send to my friend at the Glasshouse Mountains, so that she can print them.

I have quite a wide variety of photos to display at this size, from birds to landscapes to still life to black & whites.  I think I'm happy with them all.  I just hope that they print well.  I guess if they don't, I can always get them done professionally and quickly if necessary.

'Best Cousin in the World' kindly informed me today that I had 3 weeks til the opening and I began to panic just a touch, but since our phone call, I have calculated that there are still 29 days til 7th September and by my calculations, that's four weeks and one day ... whew!

So, tomorrow's job will be to find all of the photos that I need to print at A4 size and put them into one file (which I should have been doing all along, but you know me, the organisational skills of a gnat).  Then next week, we can take them in to be printed as well.

I also need to figure out which photos I will do at poster size.  Just two or three.

Tomorrow night is our trip to Maryborough for the August artist's exhibit opening, just to get an idea of what to expect at ours.

Adoring Husband and I will drive over early, because I'd like to get a late afternoon shot of the wharf near Muddy Waters Cafe before we go to the gallery.

My lovely artist friend advised me today, that I would be required to speak publicly, albeit ever so briefly, at our opening.  Just one more thing to think about.  Ugh.

I'm excited about two whale watching trips that we are taking.  One will be the Sunday before the the opening and the other will be the Saturday after.

Here is a series of five shots that I took last season of a whale breaching near our boat.






The most beautiful and graceful creatures.  I will be forever in awe of them.

Well, I believe today has been quite productive and I have achieved what I set out to achieve.  Let's hope that tomorrow can be equally so.

I'm feeling pretty calm.

Nite all.

No comments: