Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 10, 2012

Arty Farty Party

Adoring Husband and I attended the opening of this month's art exhibits at Gattakas Artspace in Maryborough, tonight.  The Artist and her husband, The Yachtie, also attended.

It was just to get an idea of what to expect next month for our opening.

It was all very arty farty and wonderful, and we booked the young lad who was providing the entertainment with his guitar in the corner, to entertain at our opening.

We were home by 9pm.

It's now 11.15pm and I am off to bed so that I can be awake early enough to catch a lift into The Bay and see my Chicklet family.

Too many late nights and early mornings and hours in front of the computer screen this week. (three glasses of wine tonight might also be a contributing factor!)

Very tired.

Nite all.  

No comments: