Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Invitation

So ... if you're not too busy ... and you want to come to the opening night ...

Just a month to go now.

I've been playing with photoshop today, just learning the basics and trying to feel my way around.

The National Bank Building in Tenterfield is architecture of the Art Deco era.  
I have a couple of photos of the Roxy Theatre in Bingara.  One of the front display windows, has a fabulous statue of Marilyn Monroe, but it didn't matter what angle I tried, the light was all wrong and the reflections in the glass are pretty bad.

This is heavily edited and the best I could get it.
(I have others without the silly man in the background!)
I really hoped I could photoshop the glass clean, but it appears to be an impossibility - well it is for somebody at my PS skill level anyway.

Anybody out there brilliant enough to clean this up?

It's been fun playing around with PS anyway.  This week, I might even teach myself to use the tablet that's been sitting in the cupboard for about 2 months now!

This morning I got a lovely photo of Molly, patiently waiting for her owner to continue on their walk.

Isn't she lovely?  Looks can be deceiving - she is a cranky bugger sometimes!
It was another glorious day, and Adoring Husband and I planned on going into The Bay to print some photos, but a delivery that we were waiting for, arrived later than expected, so now we are going in tomorrow instead.

Adoring Husband suggested that we go to the movies, but he's not interested in seeing Magic Mike and there isn't much else to choose from at the moment.  Maybe next time.

That's it for my day.  I didn't get to see if my rat was still on the concrete pad.  Let's all imagine that the beautiful white breasted sea eagle swooped down and grabbed him for breakfast!

Nite all.

No comments: