Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Falling into Place

Today has been a good day!

My brother has confirmed that he and his friend will be here for the opening of the exhibit.

My sister and one of her girls will be here too.

My tutor, Andrew Goodall, of Nature's Image Photography, has agreed to be my public speaker and introduce me and my work at the exhibit.  I feel very honoured that he has agreed to do this!

We are all going on a whale watching tour the day after the opening.

I printed out 4 photos today in town, to test the quality of the print and they were so much better than I imagined.

We had printed out some photos here at home on A4 photography paper and the quality was just terrible ... I thought it was my photography and if I had to mount photos of that quality at the gallery, I would have been SO embarrassed!

But these photos looked great, so now I am excited to get the rest done.

I am so relieved!

After that, we went to see my Chicklet family!  It was lovely to see them after more than a week, because they had all come down with the flu after my last visit.  (No, I didn't give them any germs!)

My lovely little Chicklet was in fine form.  Bright and bubbly and happy.  No photos though - another 'too busy enjoying the moment' moment :D

So things seem to be falling into place nicely.  So far so good!

Nite all.

No comments: