Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ball of Panic

In relation to the impending exhibit, I have my good days and my bad days.

I think I've had a lot of good days lately, because my progress has been coming along quite nicely and I have felt 'on top' of things.

Today, however, I've felt the little ball of panic in the pit of my stomach.  Every hour or so, it gives a little rumble and a tremble.  Enough to send some adrenalin surging through my veins.

I think that I should probably make a new 'to-do' list.  That will either calm my nerves OR get that adrenalin well and truly pumping!

So, in response to this negative physical reaction, my brain has responded with a nice strong defensive ramble, which I have already shared with BGWLBH, and which I will now share with you!

Begin Manic Rant

I have had a DSLR camera for almost 4 years.  

I learned how to use a DSLR camera in manual mode, 16 months ago, in a two day workshop (admittedly, with an EXCELLENT teacher, who doesn't know I have this blog, so I'm not sucking up lol), and where I also learned how to compose my shots.  

The flickr group, photographers who have completed the same workshop, have also provided VALUABLE advice, critique and feedback over the same 16 month period.

I challenge anyone with such limited experience, to find 100 quality photos in their collection, that are good enough to print enlarged, (ranging from 8"x12" to poster size) and display them in a public exhibit.

Seriously, this is not an easy task.  It is especially more difficult, when the theme of the exhibit is FAR REMOVED from what you class as your 'forte', which in my case, is birds and wildlife.

Not to mention the 'photoshop' issues.

I'm not sure if I'm trying to convince you or me here ... but I reckon I have done a pretty amazing job just to get to this point.

End Manic Rant

So there is a good reason for me to have a little ball of panic in the pit of my stomach right about now.  I hope it doesn't hang around too long.  

I expect it to be there on opening night, but I'd really like it to make rare appearances between now and then.

I'm doing ok.  

I have my boys at the Seat of Knowledge, helping me start my day in a happy and relaxed manner.

I have Adoring Husband cooking dinner every night and being the perfect house husband in support of my endeavours, while leaving me alone to focus on the task at hand.

I also have my online photography friends who have been wonderfully supportive along the way and who prop me up whenever I begin to wallow in negativity.

My lovely kids who are proud of me and my even lovelier granddaughter who makes my heart race every time I see her and makes me want to be a 'Boz' to be proud of.

I'm doing something that I absolutely love and I have this opportunity to share it with my world, small as it may be.

I'm doing ok indeed.  Life is pretty darned good.

BE GONE this ball of panic!!

Nite all.     

No comments: