Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Goin' to a Show

We are out this evening for dinner and a show "Rock Revolution" which is Jon English's new show.

I saw his last show twice and obviously, it was excellent!  So I'm expecting to have an enjoyable night.

Needless to say, I will be home too late to update here and that's why I am here now.

Drove into town with Kaz this morning.  It's a really nice opportunity to catch up because we never get time together with just the two of us.  This is the 3rd time I've driven into town with her on a Saturday morning and it really makes for a great day, to start like that, instead of on the dreaded speeding bus!

Thanks Kaz :D

Of course, the best part of the day was seeing my little Chicklet, who ran to greet me when I arrived this morning.

She was very happy all day and I discovered that she is just like her Mama, in that when she gets tired, it doesn't take much to get her giggling.  Actually, that's a bit like me too.

I read "Are You My Mother?" to her (the shortened, more fun, version), three times.

There was lots of giggling and lots of new words.

She knows how old she is and holds one finger up as she announces "ONE!"

She is a climber.  She climbs on her little table, the chair, the lounge, the coffee table.  A bit scary for poor old grandmothers.

I forgot to take photos!!  Again!!  I think I can get one more Saturday visit in before things get too busy for both the Chicklet family AND for me.

Soon they are off on their overseas holiday and when they return, they may be living somewhere else.  There's a chance they could leave even before that!

Takes my breath away just thinking about it.  Ugh.  However, we will worry about that when it happens and not before!

Anyway, that's most of my day ... now I have to go and make myself beautiful for Jon English.  I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: