Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Caravans and Campers


The Maryborough caravan and camping expo is on this weekend and it opened today.  Adoring Husband and I were there bright and early, got a park directly across the road from the entrance gate and walked through those gates at approximately 9.03am lol.

It was a beautiful day and my nose took me directly to the closest coffee bar where I got a skinny latte to help start my day.

Next I tried an amazing vibration machine that got all the muscles working in my body and the blood well and truly circulating through my veins.  Straight after that, I bought a fabulous military style cap with a diamonte 'peace' sign, which came with a free pair of diamonte polarised sunglasses.

Four hours later, we had walked through almost every caravan and campervan there, chatted with half of our community who had decided to attend today too, found some gluten free wood fired pizza and gluten free ice cream, bought some bamboo socks and some accessories for our campervan and had the ingredients to go home and cook my famous roast chicken and veggie soup.

It took me all afternoon to make the soup, which could be my best effort yet!  Adoring Husband ate four bowls of it for dinner!  Delicious.

I'm very unhappy that my football team lost their game by one point tonight and I'm pretty sure that Number One Son will be equally unhappy with his team who also lost by one point tonight!  Ugh!

Tomorrow is Chicklet family day, so I'm off to bed (yet another after midnight bed time!).

Nite all.

No comments: