Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 4 of a Year in my Life.

James Francis Tregea  31/10.78 - 02/03/79 (Aged 16 weeks)

Had he lived, my son would have turned 34 yrs of age today.

That being said, today I am grateful for having had Jamie in my life, even for such a short time.

Because of his time on this earth, his life and his death, strongly influenced my decision to have the three wonderful children who grace my life today.

They each bring joy to my life in different ways and I am proud of the who they have become as grown adults.

Aside from a few difficult teenage years, they have brought such a lot of happiness to my life, and often when I'm observing the wonderfulness of Chicklet, I am reminded of similar feelings toward my children as they grew and developed from babies to little people.

No doubt, she will trigger other memories as she grows.

Thanks to today's technology, I am grateful for regular insights into my children's lives through facebook, twitter, blogs, emails, phone calls, skype, text messages and visits.

When I was having my babies and living more than 1000 kms from my parents, I had to make do with a weekly (expensive) phone call and the occasional letter or card in the mail (aka snail mail).

My kids are good people.

This is a photo taken while they were on holidays with their father, many many years ago.  I've always loved this.


I am grateful to have them in my life, to give love and from whom I receive love.  I wish that we all lived closer together so that we could share more of the 'festive' times.

I know that I don't tell them often enough ... in fact, I can't remember the last time that I told them!

I love you.

I am proud of you.

I wish I could hug you right now.

Nite all.  

2 comments:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

I'm trying hard to think how to comment Roz.

The loss of a child is something you never ever want to think of. It is a pain beyond anything you could ever imagine. Our children are our proudest moments and every moment with them is precious.

xx Judi

eljaih said...

We are who we are because of you.
I grew up with an amazing mother who taught me right from wrong, and I saw someone i wanted to grow up to be like.

Im glad i make you proud. :)
I love you full stop no returns..