Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 2 of A Year in my Life.

I feel incredibly grateful for our friends, Woman of Many Talents, and her partner, Bob the Builder, who were willing to take time out of their very busy lives to come with us to Bundaberg as our support team to drive us home after Adoring Husband had his medical procedure.


Our lives have been so busy this year, that we haven't spent much time together at all, so it's even more meaningful that they didn't even hesitate when we asked this huge favour.

This photo is a true representation of Woman of Many Talents.  Casual, relaxed and always happy.  She exudes a warmth and a vibrance that makes people feel welcome in her presence.

She is beautiful inside and out.

Thank you for being my friend and thank you for being there in our time of need.  I look forward to one day, repaying the favour in some way.

'Best Cousin in the World' and her husband Marco Polo, arrived late this afternoon.

We've had a great afternoon and evening catching up and drinking wine and getting each other up-to-date on family matters.  We have a whole day together tomorrow and I will hopefully get to share our favourite spot for dinner and a sunset, weather permitting.

Right now, it's way past my bed time.

Nite all.

No comments: