Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 5 of a Year in my Life

Today's 'I'm grateful' thought is a bit lighter than my first four.  I don't want to be so intense every day, so ...

I love that time in the morning, when you first wake up, and it's very quiet, except for the sound of birds singing way off in the distance and there is a soft breeze blowing through the open window.

I love to find my most comfortable and snug position in bed and enjoy that morning moment.

I close my eyes and listen to the birds and feel the breeze and slide my feet around in the cool crispness of the sheets.

It's such a delicious feeling to doze in and out of light sleep for about twenty minutes before it's time to climb out of bed.

This isn't my bedroom, nor is it a photo that I took, but it's one of my favourite pins in Pinterest and it's how my bedroom feels to me.


So, I am grateful for a life that allows me to enjoy those moments in the mornings.

I'm off to the movies tomorrow to see 'Mental' which looks hilarious on the preview.  It's an Australian movie with Rebecca Gibney and Toni Collette.  I'll give you the report tomorrow.

Nite all.




No comments: