Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 7 of a Year in my Life

I am grateful for my creative, artistic abilities.

I am ok at basic maths, but nothing more complex.  I struggle with technology but I still own a laptop, an ipad, an iphone, a dslr camera and I get by.

I understand nothing about software, files, programs and the like .. it doesn't matter how you try to explain it to me, I just don't get it!

I do understand 'arty farty'.

When it comes to creativity in any form of art, I understand, and I can 'do', with minimal education or instruction.

It's my natural talent.

I'm not saying that I am a brilliant artist, by any stretch of the imagination, but generally speaking, I am naturally capable of creating all forms of creative art.

Oil Painting
Jewellery
I have painted in oils and acrylics, I have created pottery (not with a wheel), I have made jewellery, I can crochet and knit, I have embroidered, I can sew, I have designed, I have sketched, I have woven, I have stained glass, I have carved and etched, I've tie-dyed and leather worked.

Now I photograph.

I am so grateful for photography.

I love it because it's instant.  I can see the end result instantly.  Instant gratification ... much like chocolate!

Now, I have a new camera with which to play and improve and obsess.


I am grateful for the art of photography.   For the friends I've made through photography.  For the miles of memories that I can now sift through at any time of the day or night.  For all the little things on this earth that I can see because I am looking through photographer's eyes.

Here are one of the little things...

Tawny Frogmouth Chick 
Thank you Adoring Husband for just being you :D

Nite all.

No comments: