Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 3 of a Year in my Life

I'm grateful for extended family, who even though we see each other rarely and for very short periods of time, it feels just like we saw each other yesterday and it feels so comfortable and there is always love.

Best Cousin in the World
Kids of the Olympiad - see parents below.
The Beautiful People - more cousins and the parents of the above children.
Cousins, Uncles, Aunties and all of their children, grandchildren and beyond ... there must be close to a hundred of them, if not more!

I never feel unwelcome and the bonds that I formed with each of them in my childhood still feel strong and connected today.  Those connections are also special because they make me feel a little closer to my parents, who have both passed on.

So thank you ... family ... :D

Speaking of family.  We had a lovely day today with Best Cousin in the World and her hubby, Marco Polo.

After breakfast on the water front, then some touristy stuff in The Bay this morning, we came back home and spent six hours at the local pub, playing pool, drinking quite large amounts of alcohol (some more than others!) and then having dinner there, before walking home in the light rain.

We, 'the girlies', beat the boys at pool!!  Yay for us!!  We are the champions!!

Nite all.

No comments: