Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 1 of 'A Year in my Life'

I have joined a few photography group pages in facebook over the past year and recently, in one of them, I've been watching a young woman in her mid twenties keep an album of things for which she is grateful, who and what she loves, and what fills her days for 365 days.

She entitled it "A Year in my Life".

She began this album on the 1st of September and as I was going through it today, and reading her blurb beside each photo, I felt so good, that I decided that I'd like to start one myself.

I considered starting the album in facebook, but I think I'd rather share my year of photos in here - because the people I care about the most, read this regularly.

Vegan Chickie recently put me onto an 'app' called a Gratitude Journal which I downloaded onto my iphone and have written in about half a dozen times, so that's where I will start.

I'm pretty certain that EVERYBODY knows what my first photo will be ...
A photo taken by Vegan Chickie.  Look at those little blond curls and that cheeky smile.
I am grateful for Crazy Crazy Chicklet.

I stand in awe of that beautiful, wonderful, amazing child as I watch her grow and learn and become a little person.  I watch how her parents are teaching her to be strong and brave and bright and adventurous, while I get to be 'Boz' and give her smiles and love and time.

She brings me such joy and I try to soak up every moment that I get to share with her.  She has me so starstruck that all I can do is watch her every movement and listen to her every sound and I am incapable of having an intelligent conversation when she is around.

I even have tears of joy as I write this!

While I napped this afternoon,  I got two phone calls, which I obviously didn't answer, because I was sleeping, so my caller left two voice messages.

The caller was Chicklet and she left the most adorable, talkative little messages for me.  I giggle to myself every time I listen to them.  Thank you my little sweetie possum ... I'm sorry I missed your call, but I'm glad I have the messages to listen to :D

I LOVE LOVE LOVE you to pieces and am so grateful to have you in my life.

Thank you for listening.

Nite all.

  

2 comments:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

What a lovely idea Roz. Yes, do publish here on your blog as I don't do Facebook and I would love to follow.

Anonymous said...

*sniff*

I sent a copy of this blog post to Juniper's email address so one day she can read it. x