Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 78 in a Year of my Life

I have a mini obsession at the moment.

It's with that gloriously beautiful single sunflower that I have found in town.

Tomorrow, I am going to get up early before the sun and capture this wonderful flower in the early morning light - perhaps with some morning dew.

Here are my attempts so far...




I am now trying to convince Adoring Husband to plant out our back yard like a field of sunflowers AND then paint sunflowers all over the inside of the timber fence that surrounds our property.

Imagine waking up to that every morning!?  That would put a smile on your face for sure!

I know that's not really going to happen, but I would like to grow a few in on of the garden beds out the back.

Today, I am grateful for one of nature's happiest creations and one that is bringing me great photographic joy during it's short lifetime.

I remember in my youth, I dreamt of owning a kitchen that was decorated in sunflower yellow and white and I imagined the morning sun streaming through large windows and creating a perfect, happy morning glow while I ate my breakfast.

There is still time :D

Nite all.

No comments: