Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 79 in a Year of my Life

The dreadful bushfires throughout New South Wales have wiped out all the bushland and national parks where BGWLBH and I enjoyed our road trip last year.

The bush walks are now burnt bare.  People have lost their homes.  The worst fires in ten years have destroyed 40000 hectares and are still burning.

According to the news tonight, the fires were so intense and fierce that they created their own weather pattern!

I can't begin to imagine experiencing something like that.

My second piece of bad news today is that the State of Queensland has already lost 14 people in  road accidents this year.  That's one person each day since the year began!

The third piece of bad news is that my son's ex father-in-law passed away yesterday.  Such a sad day for the family and under terrible circumstances.  May he rest in peace.

Now for the good news.

Woman of Many Talents became a first time Grandmother today to a little baby girl.  She sent me a text with a photo of the beautiful little addition to the family and she is divine!

I'm so excited for them all and I know that she is getting as many cuddles as she can while she's with the new family.  Congratulations to you all!

The second piece of good news is that The Artist and her husband attended their daughter's wedding in Melbourne this weekend.  Congratulations to the happy couple!

The third piece of good news is that Number One Son turns 31 years of age tomorrow!  Happy Birthday son :D  I hope you have a good day!  Pace yourself and make it last.

I found a bee on the sunflower this morning ...


It was another failed sunrise.  If at first you don't succeed ... try, try again!

Today, I am grateful that the tennis has commenced and I get to watch two weeks of my favourite sport, without having to stay awake all night, while the Australian Open Tennis Grand Slam is under way.

Samantha Stosur won her first round match today.  Lots of Aussies lost their matches, including Lleyton Hewitt sadly.

It's going to be a long two weeks if the Aussies fail me!

Nite all.

No comments: