Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 83 in a Year of my Life

Almost everyone in the world is now addicted to 'Pinterest'

For those of you who haven't heard of it or seen it yet, here is the link to my Pinterest page, which   is only in it's youth and is small compared to many others.

http://pinterest.com/rqqzy/

It's a lot of fun to play around in and you can find all sorts of interesting things like recipes, patterns, gardening tips and ideas, home decor, fashion, photography, nature, and the list is endless.

I only play in Pinterest about once a month, but when I'm in there, hours pass before I even realise it ... which is why I don't go there too often!

The sky was too clear this morning, to go in search of a sunrise shot, so I returned to bed after my initial investigation (looking out the window) this morning.

I'm led to believe that the weather is changing overnight, so hopefully, a sunrise will be on the cards, which means I need an early night.

The worse thing about Summer, is that the sun rises before 5am ... we all know how difficult it is to get out of bed before 4.30am to beat the sun!

One photo to share.


Today, I am grateful for our support network.  The people who care enough to lend their emotional support in our times of need.  (I will share further in a couple of days).

Nite all.

No comments: