Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 113 in a Year of my Life

So it has now been three weeks since the big event.

Still, no work has begun on our damaged home.

Still, the builders, engineers blah blah blah come to make up their quotes for the insurance companies.

From comments that I hear, it seems that everybody is ripping everybody else off.

The insurance companies charge us a veritable fortune for our cover, they make billions of dollars worth of profit each year, then the tradesmen charge the insurance companies a veritable fortune for their work, so that next year, the cost of our cover increases again and the insurance companies make an even bigger profit.

It's nice to know that somebody out there is making good money out of our misfortune, and taking their time over it as well.

The Queensland weather forecast is not looking good for the coming week.

The tropical low heading south from Rockhampton/Gladstone could cause heavy, slow moving rain with damaging winds and it's unknown where it will cross over the coast.  At this point they have mentioned Brisbane and NSW and even as far south as Newcastle, however, these things are difficult to predict, so who knows what will happen?

I'm contemplating heading towards Ayers Rock.  Far far away from here.

It's been raining all day, so I've been playing with some photos that I took yesterday.


It's possible my girlie weekend in Brisbane, scheduled for this weekend, could be cancelled or postponed, due to cyclonic conditions.

Better to be safe than sorry, I say, but we will wait and see what happens in the next couple of days.

Today, I am grateful for the cooler weather.  Our power still consists of a couple of extension cords leading from our power box, and the air conditioning system was damaged in the tornado, so we rely on a free standing fan to keep cool.   It's much easier to keep cool in this milder weather.

Who'da thunk I would say anything positive about our weather!?  lol

Nite all.

No comments: