Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 118 in a Year of my Life

Fitting sooooo much into every day!

Met the girls for a huge breakfast at the Marriott this morning followed by a pedicure at 'Shine' in the Myer Centre, then 3 hours of shopping, a movie (Safe Haven) and more shopping.  Rushed home at almost 5pm, had a shower and got dressed for dinner, taxi picked us up at 6pm and took us to Jo-Jo's Restaurant and Bar.

We were home by 8.30pm, then we all met in the other apartment for a glasse of wine or two and a really good giggle while a couple of the girls, in their drunken stupor, told us some hilarious stories.

Returned to our own apartment at about 10 pm, but sat up talking until 11.30pm and finally I am sitting in bed updating this blog.

Absolutely exhausted!

Tomorrow we start with another big breakfast and then plan on catching a ferry to Southbank City Markets for some more shopping.

There will be lots of walking around the city, this time with camera in hand, to get what I hope will be some interesting city/urban shots.

Tomorrow night is dinner at the Jazz Club and there will be fireworks for the postponed Australia Day Celebrations.

Fireworks are on my photography 'to-do' list, but I didn't know that they were happening and I didn't bring my tripod with me for the event.  I'm seriously thinking about buying a cheap tripod so that I can try for some good shots.  I'll see how the day pans out.

Today I am grateful for some really good belly laughs with friends - still not excited about the shopping, but markets are always good value, so tomorrow is looking good!  I felt the body release a few endorphins this evening :D

Nite all.  

No comments: