Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 117 in a Year of my Life

The two hour trip from the Sunny Coast into Brisbane this morning seemed to go on forever!

We were soooooo happy to finally arrive in Brisbane for our weekend!

We ran into the other girls at Roma Street Station and all piled into two taxis to search for our resort.  The taxis dropped us off at exactly the spot we asked for, but unfortunately, our building was nowhere to be seen.

After much searching and twice asking for help, we finally found our building on a completely different street, but luckily, not too far away.

The apartments are clean and nicely furnished, but the rooms are quite small.  

Our group are now separated on completely different floors, which, with the security key system, makes it difficult to visit each other.

Many things have already annoyed me, but I think I am still very on edge and stressed about 'tornado stuff', so I need to chill out and let my hair down and just enjoy myself.  After all, that's what this weekend is all about!

We spent the afternoon shopping - not as successfully as I'd hoped, but there are still three days left, so no doubt I will have some success somewhere along the way.  I think I'm just out of practise!

We had a nice dinner at a restaurant across the road and then came back to the apartment for a few drinks and a few laughs.

All in bed by 9.30pm.  Need to get some sleep ready to start a brand new day of shopping, a pedicure, a movie and then a big night out for dinner.

Today, I am grateful that my bedroom in the apartment has it's own air conditioning system, so that I can turn it to the temperature of my liking.  My bed is comfortable and I even have a room mate who snores just like Adoring Husband!  I feel right at home :)

Nite all.

No comments: