Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 116 in a Year of my Life

I left home this morning at 7am and even though it was difficult leaving Adoring Husband behind when he is feeling so stressed, it was also a relief to get out of town so that I don't have to look at everything that's broken for a few days.

We arrived at the Sunny Coast to be greeted by beautiful sunshiny weather.  No wind :D

I got to spend about 4 hours with little Chicklet and a bit less time with Vegan Chickie and the Bare-chested Chef.  Chicklet was such a little joy, so happy and smiley ... well she almost always is like that anyway - a little ray of sunshine.

Then the Nikonian picked me up after she finished work and we got to spend the afternoon together.  She showed me some photoshop magic and we had some good laughs.  She makes me feel so relaxed and provides such warm and friendly hospitality.

So now I'm turning out the light and getting an early night in preparation for some heavy duty shopping tomorrow with the girls.

I have to be at the train station at 7.30am.

Today I am grateful for my friend The Nikonian, who goes out of her way for me on many occasion, always has a smile and a shoulder for me, provides the warmest, friendliest hospitality and always knows how to make me laugh.  Such a good egg with a heart of gold.  Hugs to you lovely lady.

Nite all.

2 comments:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

How does that saying go,
"Good friends are like diamonds, precious and rare"
Have a lovely time in BrisVegas Roz!

Basa said...

You will have a great time darling- and I will be fine, I have the dogs and a walkin wardrobe! LOL