Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 231 in a Year of my Life

I apologise for another very short post.

I had a bad day today, feeling pretty miserable, but I worked my way through it and ended up having an excellent evening with friends.

The local club ran a trivia night, to raise money for the Hervey Bay animal shelter.

A group of ten of us formed a trivia team (even though the teams should have been only 6 people), but unfortunately, we came fourth for the night overall.

 Last year we came 2nd by just one point, but we didn't fare so well tonight.

There was just one low point, when we received a text message from someone, who last year, chose to play trivia with another group of people, but who, this year,  expected us to invite her to our table.

She attempted to make us feel guilty about the fact that we didn't.  That upset us greatly, and we feel that she may be burning bridges that cannot be repaired.  Toxic relationships have no place in our lives.

Enough is enough.

I'm pretty sure that I have mentioned before, I will only allow nurturing relationships in my life.

I want to feel the love.

Not guilt.

Not anger.

Not remorse.

I will no longer make excuses or allowances for the behaviour of others, especially behaviour that is not acceptable to me.

None of my genuine friends EVER make me feel guilty about any decision I make in my life.

None of my genuine friends EVER talk negatively about me behind my back.

I am responsible for my happiness.  Mine and mine alone.

If you have expectations of me, then tell me to my face.  Don't assume that I know what you want from me.

There is so much more that I want to say, but I feel that I have already said more than I should in here.

HERE is generally my happy place, where I share mostly the joyful things that happen in my life, unless there is trauma, like a tornado, and I share that with you as part of my therapy.

I have one photo to share today ...


Today I am grateful for supportive friends who nurture me and share the love, have no expectations, make no demands and never attempt to make me feel guilty or unhappy about anything I have or have not done.

Nite all.

No comments: