Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Days 236 and 237 in a Year of my Life

Did you miss me?

My apologies for not posting yesterday.

I've had a bad week, with a couple of crappy things happening, and I was ready for my usual few Friday wines.

Yesterday, after I'd had breakfast, I didn't eat all day, so I went to the club with a very empty stomach and then proceeded to drink 4 glasses of wine.

Bad move.

It DID help me sleep though!  I fell unconscious onto the couch until Adoring Husband physically assisted me to bed, where I climbed, fully clothed under the doona and slept like a baby until 7am.

Almost 12 hours sleep!

I woke up feeling fine this morning, so no hangover to speak of.

Today was a perfect sunshiny Winter's day and I spent about 90 minutes enjoying it on my trike and on the beach.

I missed a good shot of a really big White Bellied Eagle, but he flew so close to me, the image is burned in my memory forever.

Today, I decided to start a series of self portraits.  It'll be good practise for portrait shots and lighting and using the remote shutter release.

A girl in one of my photography groups has started doing something similar, which gave me the idea.  There aren't too many photos of me around, so maybe one or two of them along the way will be worth sharing in printed form, with some special people.

Today's was a lazy one with very little effort put in for the lighting .. just natural light from the window.  No make-up.  No photoshopping my face.  Warts and all me.  Learning to love all of my lines and freckles.


The 'smile' sign to remind me, after such a crappy week, to lighten up and get back to being happy.

Today I am grateful to other photographers for ideas that I hope will improve my photography.  I'm also grateful to you, my guinea pigs, who have to view the practise shots!

Nite all.

No comments: