Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 232 in a Year of my Life

We spent the morning out at the lake at the other side of Burrum Heads, taking photos of remote control model boats racing on the water.

I wasn't all that keen to go out there, but the enthusiasm and excitement shown by the guys, was kind of infectious and I quite enjoyed the two hours I spent with them.

I'll post some photos on here tomorrow.

After we arrived home, I was feeling motivated and creative, and for the first time in a year, I made a couple of bracelets.


It was nice working in my new workspace and there was lots of room and good light.  I enjoyed it.

Then, as luck would have it, the sky was looking particularly nice, so I tested my luck and pedalled down to the river for the sunset.




My lucky day!

So, it's been a busy and productive day for both Adoring Husband and I.  Adoring Husband spent a few hours in the garden, working in the Winter sunshine.

What a great way to spend a sunny Sunday.  That's what I am grateful for today.  Free sunny Sundays that we are able to fill doing whatever we feel like!

It's already after midnight, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: