Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 294 in a Year of my Life

Canon Photo 5 competition has begun!

Canon run this competition every year at the same time.  It's open to anyone and it's free to enter.  The prize is a creative photography workshop in New Zealand, accommodation and flights included.  A great prize right?

The first open brief is "Reflections".

At first glance, it seems like an easy brief.

Yes, everybody has a decent reflections photo in their collection, but that's the problem.  Everybody has a 'similar' reflections shot in their collection.

There have already been hundreds of photos submitted.

The most common seem to be:

Yacht masts in the marina.
Tree reflections in water.
Frogs on glass.
Cats looking out windows.
Ducks or lilies on ponds.
Bridges or piers over still water.
Eyeballs.
Bubbles.
Water droplets.

So not only do you have to think of something original, but you have to set the photo up and execute it perfectly.

I look forward, every year, to this competition, but as soon as it arrives, I stress over it!!  Why??  It's not like I have anything to lose!

Ugh!

Anyway I found this little fella in the bush today ...


There were so many little Fairy Wrens making so much noise, I didn't know which direction to look!  In the end I just stood very still and he came to me.

Today, I'm grateful for Winter changing into Spring and bringing nature back to life.

Nite all.



No comments: