Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 299 in a Year of my Life

Food Diary:

8am Hot lemon water.

10am Green smoothie - celery, zucchini, lettuce, snow peas, mint, basil, parsley, 3 strawberries, red apple, hemp oil, vital greens and magnesium oil.  It tasted much more delicious than it sounds!

1pm Half chicken breast with salad of avocado, tomato, onion, mushroom, cucumber, fresh beetroot and carrot.  A squeeze of lemon juice and pink Himalayan salt over the top.

3pm A small piece of this delicious chocolate cake.  Sugar free, grain free and gluten free.  The main ingredient is 3 cups of almond meal.  Every single ingredient has good nutritional value.

It's very rich on it's own, but with pure cream and strawberries - bloody delicious!

I included it in this reflections photo ...


I had another small piece at 7.30 tonight.  I didn't have any dinner.  Plenty of water.

I don't think Adoring Husband was keen on the cake.. all the more for me :D  I must check if I can freeze it.

Tomorrow I am going to attempt a chocolate mousse made with avocado, cocoa powder and coconut milk.  Sounds interesting huh?

I have a fridge full of fruit and vegetables that I have to use up before I leave for the Sunny Coast next week.  So I am searching through the 'clean food' recipes on-line.  I'll share the recipes that I think you non-fanatics might enjoy.

Today, I'm grateful for fun time in the kitchen experimenting with new ingredients and feeling GOOD for it!

Nite all.

No comments: