Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 298 in a Year of my Life

Adoring Husband and I went to the movies to see "Now You See Me" today.  Yes, I got the day and the times correct this time and we shared the cinema with only 6 others.  I love it when that happens.

I was pretty much on the ball through the whole movie.  All the twists and turns didn't fool me and I predicted just about everything.  I even knew who the mastermind would be BUT that final twist at the end got me hook, line and sinker.

I did NOT expect the mastermind to be that particular character in the movie.

Great movie.  I highly recommend it.  Big names like Mark Ruffalo, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Isla Fisher, Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg.  I'm a big fan of all of these actors.

There is another movie that can't wait to see. "Red2".  Also big names .. Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich, Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Mary-Louise Parker.  I think it opens next Thursday at our local cinema.

There were a few previews that look good.  A new Channing Tatum movie coming soon, called "White House Down" also starring Jamie Foxx and Maggie Gyllenhaal.  I'll watch it just to look at Channing Tatum.

"RIPD" with Ryan Reynolds, Jeff Bridges, Mary-Louise Parker and Kevin Bacon.  It looks like 'Men in Black' in ghost form.

That's just a few I can think of, off the top of my head.

I promised yesterday that I would share a recipe that I tried.  I called them wraps, but I guess they are more like Tortillas.

Cauliflower Tortillas!
Cauliflower Tortillas
3/4 head of raw cauliflower
2 Eggs
1 minced garlic clove
3/4 teaspoon of mixed herbs of your choice (I used parsley, basil and thyme)
1/4 teaspoon salt
You can also try with 1/4 teaspoon curry powder.

Preheat oven to 220C and line two baking sheets with baking paper.

In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until it forms a crumb like texture (there should be 2 cups when packed). Place the crumbles and 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Cook on a medium high heat for 8 minutes until tender.

Drain cauliflower in a sieve, then transfer to a clean t-towel. Firmly squeeze any excess water from cauliflower. In a bowl, stir together the cauliflower and remaining ingredients . Form two thin circles on baking paper. With a spatula, press down the dough so it forms a thin layer. Keep the wraps compact - there should be no paper showing through the mixture.

Bake for about 17 minutes until dry and pliable. Gently remove to a wire rack to cool so that the bottom doesn't become soggy. 

Heat a frypan and brown the tortillas to your liking .. this makes them a little crunchy round the edges and gives them a nice nutty flavour.

Use with light fillings or tear pieces off to scoop up fillings.  This is supposed to make 6 or 7, but I got 4 large-ish tortillas out of it - they are very filling!

Today I am grateful for my new Batman t-shirt that I bought for a pyjama top :) Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-BATMANNNN!

Nite all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

They look so delicious Roz so I will defintely try them.. We are lovers of cauliflower. I cook and then mash them with a little Philly and chives as a substitute for potato. You can also chop raw in a food processor about rice size and use them as a substitute for rice in your fried rice. So many reasons to love the cauli. Trying to grow them without much success!