Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 344 in a Year of my Life

Adoring Husband and I had a nice little day trip to Gympie today.

We caught the train, because AH had to have dental surgery, and they wouldn't allow him to drive afterwards (those of you who know me, know that I have never learned to drive, so I am useless in these situations).

The Tilt Train is very comfortable and the trip is less than 90 mins.  There is a Rail bus that takes you to the city of Gympie from the station for free, so it was very easy.

While he was in surgery, I decided that retail therapy was in order.


Found an interesting old Ford to photograph (the 104 challenge list has 'Cars and bikes' at number 5, so this fits the bill nicely).


This was Adoring Husband before surgery ...


... not too shabby really (although he looks like an amputee here).

So we were home again by 3.30pm, thanks to Lady Lynn's champion husband, Happy Harry, who played the role of taxi service for us today.  So nice of him to help us out like that.

AH was impressed with this new dentist.  The level of care is excellent and the staff are friendly and accommodating and helpful.  It's worth the trip down there, just for the friendly service alone.

I would even consider using them .. and I have the worst odontophobia EVER!  The last time I attended the dentist was in 1995.  In the last 6 years, two of my top front teeth have become crooked and are protruding outwards, so much so, that I'm seriously considering dental work.

We will see.

So, today, I'm grateful for the wonderful service provided by the Gympie Family Dental staff and grateful that Adoring Husband survived unscathed.  All things considered, it was pretty good day out.

Nite all.

No comments: