Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 345 in a Year of my Life

Meet my new friend ...


Isn't he beautiful?

He was clinging to a leaf in our mulberry tree, so I snapped the leaf off and brought him inside.  He is currently still attached to the leaf, but now it's on my desk.  I'll put him out in the garden tonight before I go to bed.

Number 6 in the October challenge, is 'macro', so this is my submission for that.

We had our annual pest inspection today and got the 'all-clear'.  No termites :)

I made a berry ice cream today too.  I attempted to make it in the ice cream machine, but just as I poured it in the tub, the pest man arrived, so I didn't turn the machine on immediately.  Unfortunately, this meant that the bowl was coated with a frozen layer of berry ice-cream before it started, and this clogged the machine up.

So it wasn't a huge success, however, I think it tastes great!  It's made with coconut milk, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, 2 egg yolks and berries.  I crushed and lightly cooked half of the berries and the rest I chopped into chunks.

It's not as sweet as the ice cream that you buy in the supermarket, but that's what I like best about it.

So that's about it for my day.  Nothing special

I'm looking forward to picking up my organic box of goodies tomorrow and then planning time in the kitchen to use it all up.

So today, I'm grateful to have found a frog in the garden.  It's been such a long time since I've seen any around here, and now I've seen two this week.  Very exciting for me!

Nite all.


No comments: