Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 347 in a Year of my Life

This little video has popped up in facebook a couple of times over the last couple of years and it always has a profound effect on me.



I feel that my life would have been so different if I had followed my dreams at a young age, instead of firstly, rebelling, in a negative way, against all that the 'grown ups' stood for, and then, swinging to the opposite end of the spectrum and always doing what the 'grown ups' thought was best.

The more I step back and look at the human race, the more I see that even 'grown ups' behave like school children, in that they follow the crowd - that's how big business eg Coke, Nike, Microsoft, Toyota etc become invincible - because we all want one ... and we all want one the same or bigger and better than everybody else's.

People believe what they are told or are trained to believe, and very few question the crowd.

Watch what happens when somebody steps off the human path of conformity, and onto the path of self discovery.

Watch movies like Easy Rider, Cool Hand Luke, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Dead Poet's Society, to see what happens to nonconformists.

Mignon McLaughlin, a famous author and journalist once wrote "The human race seems to honour living conformists and dead non conformists."

George Orwell stated "that nothing crushes anti-authoritarianism and heroism more than overwhelming fear."

Consider these non conformists: Socrates, Joan of Arc, Martin Luther King and John Lennon, to name a few - executed or assassinated for their non-conformity.

These are just small examples of why we all conform and are subconsciously afraid to overstep the boundaries.

Why we never question authority, or if we do question it, we never stand up against it - certainly not in public.

Why we choose to believe that 'the powers that be' have our best interests at heart, when really they have their own financial interests at heart.

What would happen if we changed our way of thinking?

What would happen if we decided one day that make up was not only a waste of money and was bad for our health, but we were actually prettier, healthier and happier without it?  You are already backing off aren't you?

What would happen if we got on the net and researched the news that was happening in other parts of the world ourselves?  I guarantee you would be more horrified about what you're NOT told by our mainstream news reports.  Yet you are already questioning me aren't you?

What would happen if you discovered that Drs are either trained by, or their training provider is funded by, the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.  That they are trained like monkeys and really have no idea what they are prescribing you or what long term effects the drug will have on your health down the track?  Now you're thinking to yourself - "ah here she goes".

Have you ever wondered why, when Doctors 'become aware' and want to inform the world of the wrong doings in the medical industry, that suddenly they become 'Quacks' and stories appear to dispel their integrity?

Because everyone knows that if you don't conform, there must be something wrong with you.  You're crazy.  You're paranoid.  You've got issues.

Everybody knows that if you haven't lived an exemplary life, it's proof that you are unstable and untrustworthy, right?

I know it's the most difficult thing in the world to question EVERYTHING.  It's so much easier to believe without a shadow of a doubt and just go along with the crowd.

You've got to wonder why our health has become so fragile.  Why our beliefs are controlled by what we are told, unless we've experienced otherwise.  Why we get angry with anyone who challenges our lifestyle or our beliefs.

I like to think that there are more nonconformists in the newer generations, than ever before.

I'd like to think that they are going to question everything that we've done before them and fix the things that we've (unintentionally) broken.

That they will challenge the 'powers that be' that need to be challenged, and hand us back our freedom.

The freedom to choose without discrimination.  The freedom to choose better health avenues.  The freedom to choose our own life in our own way.  The freedom to be ourselves without fear if judgement.

Today I'm grateful if you have reached this final paragraph after actually reading this entire post.  I'm training myself to question everything.  It can be confronting and I don't know what I'm going to do with the results, but it's all a learning process that needs to be taken in small steps.

Nite all.



1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

Philip always says that since the beginning of time people have been "controlled" by fear. I think he's spot on.