Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy Birthday Adoring Husband

First and most importantly ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADORING HUSBAND!!


Let's see what the day brings!

Birthdays for AH are very tricky. This is the man who has everything. This is the man who buys what he wants as soon as he wants it. This leaves little for the rest of us to consider.

We once passed a rule that he wasn't allowed to buy anything for himself for the last 3 months of the year .. so that we had a chance to get something that he wanted for his birthday and Christmas.

I think that rule only lasted one year .. he just couldn't control himself for that long.

So material gifts are not really an option, unless it's a fun gift that has a special meaning behind it.

I just have to find a way for AH to feel as much love as possible during the waking hours of his birthday and hope that he feels special!

I bet this is how he really feels today .. instead of his 57 years.


I was hoping that he would go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight so that I could spend a few hours in the kitchen and prepare some party food for tomorrow .. but as Murphy's Law dictates .. it just didn't happen.

Now I am rethinking my strategy.

Here is Episode 7 of 'The Truth About Cancer'

A warning before you watch this one .. there are a couple of short parts during this video where the doctors either talk REALLY fast, so they are difficult to understand, or they use jargon and medical terminology that might leave you a bit confused.

Don't give up. Try to push through it because those parts are only short and the video is still full of important health promoting information.



Time for me to at least attempt to make a birthday cake!

Nite all.

No comments: