Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Another Lazy Sunday

The usual start to the day, although a bit late because I slept in.

The lovely Spring weather was welcoming and the river was a vibrant blue as the tide came in .. apparently, I was 30 minutes late for a pod of dolphins that swam up river close to the Seat of Knowledge! How disappointing! I will attempt to get there earlier tomorrow morning, because today was the second day in a row that they've appeared. Third time lucky for me I hope.

On my way home from coffee, I stopped to buy some fresh cooked sand crabs. My timing was perfect because they only had 6 small crabs left.  I paid for 4 of them and he gave me the last two for free!

I spent the first hour after I got home, shelling crab. Ugh. That was a job and a half.

So Adoring Husband made egg rolls for lunch and we filled them with baby spinach leaves, raw onion and crab meat. Perfectly delicious lunch.

The rest of my Sunday, I spent lazing on the couch, sometimes dozing and watching trashy TV shows and a Leonardo Di Caprio movie. My favourite kind of Sunday.

We had Crispy Skinned Salmon for dinner with a hearty salad full of organic goodness splashed with balsamic vinegar and sprinkled with feta cheese.

We tried a fabulous new dessert. Dark Chocolate n Berry Mousse.


Ingredients:
  • 2 Medium avocados - flesh removed.
  • 1 Cup baby spinach roughly chopped.
  • 1 Punnet of fresh raspberries (I only had strawberries and blueberries).
  • 1/4 raw cacao powder.
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract.
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup.
  • 1/3 cup full fat coconut cream.
  • 50g dark chocolate.
  • Chopped nuts .. I used macadamias.
Directions:

Melt the chocolate in a double saucepan and set aside.

Combine avocados, baby spinach, cacao powder, vanilla extract, maple syrup and coconut cream and process in a food processor. Slowly add in the melted chocolate and continue to process.

Chop the strawberries (or whatever fruit you choose) and then fold through the mousse.

Set in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes and then serve with fruit on top and a sprinkling of chopped nuts.

For more healthful recipes go to I Quit Sugar where you'll find lot's of yummy stuff to choose from.

Here is Episode Five of The Truth About Cancer.

I just want to say that even though these hour long episodes fall under the title The Truth About Cancer, everything that they talk about is what I deeply believe about health and nutrition and healing the body from the inside out. Not just healing cancer, but any number of health issues from heart disease, diabetes, blood pressure problems, thyroid conditions, arthritis, eczema, asthma etc.

Covering things like hydration, sunshine, sugar, gluten, juicing, vitamins, minerals, herbs, toxins and detoxing, stress and emotions, the benefits of fasting, aspartame, the immune system, just to name a few!

I hope you can find the time to watch these shows because you will learn a lot and I know you will experience some light bulb moments.



That's about it from me.

Nite all.

2 comments:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

OMG Roz.....that mousse was so delicious and who would guess it is packed full of goodness. I didn't have any baby spinach so substituted kale that I have growing in the Vege garden.
Mum has been watching all you videos....I haven't as yet...but when I rang mum yesterday she was on her way out the door to buy lots of fruit (particularly berries)

Age said...

I agree! The mousse was fabulous!

I'm so pleased that your Mum is watching the videos and getting something from them. Every one that I watch reinforces everything that I believe about nutrition and health.

Tell her that I wish her luck and I hope that she feels the benefits quickly!

xxx