Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Waiting for the Heat

Apparently there is a heat wave heading in this direction, and in a few days, our temperatures are going to soar over 30C - which to any of you living inland, may seem like a reasonable temperature, but on the coast, with the humidity - it's really quite an oppressive heat.

I've so enjoyed our mid twenty temperatures of the last few weeks and the lovely cool nights with the breeze blowing directly through our bedroom window. I guess it had to come to an end eventually.

The boys at The Seat of Knowledge were excited and amused to see the photos of themselves that I posted here yesterday and I made sure I showed as many local people as possible, including The Little Gnome's female neighbour, who had a good giggle.

Very tempting to pin the photo in the local notice board, perhaps with a note attached, 'for a good time call ... ' but then maybe not lol.

Not much to report today, but here is episode 8 of the series The Truth About Cancer ...

The first doctor who talks, Dr Nicholas Gonzales, is an amazing and highly intelligent man, but he talks very very fast. It's almost like his mind is so full and overflowing with information that he can't get it out fast enough! He had me in awe and if you can keep up with what he is saying, you will learn a lot!

I took a lot of notes during this episode!



It's heading fast toward midnight so I'm outta here.

Nite all.

No comments: