Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 15, 2015

♪ Sadie ♫

♬ The cleaning lady♪

That was me today.

It's amazing how much you can get done when the 'man of the house' is absent.

Adoring Husband had to spend the day in The Bay while the car was having it's major service today, so I had 7 hours to myself.

Over an hour of that was just for vacuuming the house. There were a few loads of washing to do and a line full of washing to be folded and put away (one of my favourite things is to hang Adoring Husband's shirts facing the 'wrong' direction in his wardrobe ... it drives him crazy!!).

I cleared the kitchen bench of 'many weeks' worth of clutter and rearranged everything slightly, all the while planning how I am going to redesign the whole room. One day in my future, there will be a brand new, more functional kitchen!

I collected all of my jewellery that was strategically placed in a dozen different spots throughout the house. I calculate that it will take me about 5 hours to sort through the jewellery on my dressing table and make our bedroom look presentable again. That will be an interesting 'before' and 'after' photo opportunity!

That might have to wait til after I submit my essay, which I hope to finish this weekend.

I made myself some cauliflower fried rice for lunch, which was pretty stupid because it just meant more time cleaning up!!

I had a lovely phone call with Number One Son because he is celebrating his 33rd birthday today. He is in Melbourne for work and was planning on having a few drinks with work colleagues this evening.

It felt like I had no sooner sat down and opened my books for study, when Adoring Husband arrived home, so I don't feel like achieved much in the way of study, but it was a fairly productive day otherwise.

Another evening of tennis to watch tonight and so far, it's a tight match between Bernard Tomic and Thomas Muller, although it's not looking good for Tomic at the moment, even though he is playing outstanding tennis.

We had an amazingly heavy storm hit us last night, at about 12.40am which dumped 45mm of rain ☂ in the space of about an hour. Sent one of the psychotic dogs into a spin .. she has issues with storms since the tornado. So it was about 2am before I drifted back off to sleep and then the other two psychotic dogs decided at 3.45am that they wanted a toilet break! Very inconsiderate I thought!

Hopefully I will get a solid night of sleep tonight so that I can put in a solid day of study tomorrow.

Nite all.

 

No comments: