Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Beef Vindaloo in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. I've never made it before, nor have I ordered it in a restaurant, but I do know that Number One Son likes it.

Adoring Husband seemed to enjoy it and ate a huge bowl of it with a side of papadums. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think the flavour is a little strong for my liking and I don't think I'll make it again .. unless Number One Son comes to visit.

Yay for the footy season! Tonight's first game is between my team, the Broncos and last year's Grand Final Champions, the Rabbitohs. Almost at half time and the Rabbitohs are winning 8-2.  Football season has been a long time coming!

I didn't get much study done today, even after my early night last night. I seem to have hit a wall and I need to figure out how to climb over it! I'll have a long weekend to focus while AH is on some training, so let's see how I go with that.

AH picked up our FROG box today which was full of celery, chard, silverbeet, spinach, kale, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, carrots, beetroot, cucumber, zucchini, plums and grapes. What a haul!

So the fridge is chockers right now!  I need to check out some paleo recipes for the abundant green leafy vegetables that I have. All of my old recipes have cheeses and pastries in them, which aren't paleo.

I'm certain that 'Pinterest' will provide me with some ideas. I do love 'Pinterest' for recipes because I can ALWAYS find just want I'm looking for when I do a search.

So as I sit here eating organic purple seedless grapes watching the footy, I bid you farewell.

Nite all.

No comments: