Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 1, 2015

I Think You Know ..

It's only 4 minutes long, so worth a look to educate yourself a little.



If you've got the time and you're very interested here is a link to a different (90 minute) talk about sugar and the history of how it got into so much of our food and what it is doing to the population as far as health is concerned.

Meanwhile, yesterday was my final chance to create a photo for the flickr challenge 'Nostalgia'. So, as the sun was setting, I gathered as much stuff as I could find in the house and shed, that was old, or could be considered nostalgic.

It took me two hours to finally come up with this...


It's pretty amazing how much 'old' stuff you can find in your own home! The camera is a Raven from the 1940s. The canister of film would be from around 1950s and Ginger Rogers/Fred Astaire were big in the 1930s and 1940s.

I did a photo quite similar to this for my exhibit a couple of years ago.

It was nice to play with the camera for a while. I miss my photography. Studies have taken over my precious time. I might have to take a few days between semesters and get out and about with the camera for some fun!

Adoring Husband arrived home safe n sound after his big chainsaw course .. although the heavy physical work in the heat, has taken it's toll and his body (mainly his legs and hands) has been cramping up so badly that he had to stop a few times on his way home.

A hot shower followed my some magnesium oil massaged into his legs. A hearty meal full of good himalayan salt (for it's minerals) and plenty of spices, green vegetables and good fats, then topped off with a bottle of water in which a hefty swig of apple cider vinegar was diluted.

*[Apple cider vinegar is fermented juice from crushed apples. Like apple juice, it contains some pectin; vitamins B1, B2, and B6; biotin; folic acid; niacin; pantothenic acid; and vitamin C. It also contains small amounts of the minerals sodium, phosphorous, potassium, calcium, iron, and magnesium. Apple cider vinegar can also contain significant quantities of acetic acid and citric acid. It is used to make medicine.
Apple cider vinegar is used alone or with honey for weak bones (osteoporoses), weight loss, leg cramps and pain, upset stomach, sore throats, sinus problems, high blood pressure, arthritis, to help rid the body of toxins, stimulate thinking, slow the ageing process, regulate blood pressure, reduce cholesterol, and fight infection.]*

It will now be interesting to see if he sleeps through the night without cramping up.

It's after 11pm, so it's time for me to sleep. Tomorrow (2nd March) will be the 36th anniversary of my first son's (Jamie's) death. Thank you Grannymus for your message of love today xox.

Nite all.


1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

Not a day goes by without thinking of them Roz. Sending you love...