Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Low Energy

My energy levels have felt very low today. Perhaps I had one too many glasses of wine last night?

I woke up early so that I could do Adoring Husband's work for him while he's away at training and then I had a big breakfast of bacon, eggs, tomato, onion and avocado, attempting to gain some energy, which only lasted til lunch time and then I simply needed to nap.

I napped comfortably for almost 2 hours. Five minutes after I woke up I received a phone call from my happy little Chicklet who told me all about her adventure at Aussie World a couple of days ago. They were the only family there so Chicklet had all the rides to herself! I love listening to her talk .. she hardly takes a breath sometimes .. other times she forgets what she started to tell me and loses track lol. So precious.





 
Finally, I made myself a delicious and healthy dinner tonight. Zucchini pasta with avocado, lemon & basil sauce and crispy skinned salmon.


It was delicious, but I couldn't eat all of the salmon.

It's now 10pm and I'm off to bed. I have a big day tomorrow attending the 'Wellness Day' in Hervey Bay.

Nite all.

No comments: